Motor Transport Institute offers a number of laboratory tests. These are, among the others:
- testing and optimization of the utility properties of materials used in the construction of cars,
- testing of automotive service fluids and maintenance and care materials,
- developing new methods to assess the effectiveness of the filtration and purification of motor oils,
- tests for the purpose of the evaluation and certification of equipment and parts of vehicles (including steering system components, suspension, brakes and other)
- work related to the development of new materials and improving the technologies based on the intentional formation of the microstructure from the point of view of, among other things, the possibility of their use in the manufacture of automobile parts and components,
- studying the relationship between production technology - microstructure – service properties,
- testing of materials and finished products derived from a recycling process,
- metrological measurements (measurement of length and angle and profilographometer ones)
- testing mechanical properties under ambient conditions and in corrosive environments
- hardness and micro-hardness tests,
- impact tests (at ambient, lowered and higher temperature)
- shear tests,
- fracture mechanics parameters studies,
- tests in a complex state of stress at a combination of axial and torsional loads,
- tests of service fluids, maintenance and car care materials, etc. (also for the purpose of the product certification), and in particular brake fluids.
Additionally, the Institute also offers the tests in the field of environmental protection. These are among the others:
- tests of the equipment, methods and systems limiting the pollution from vehicles,
- developing methods of testing emissions and fuel consumption of vehicles,
- developing the principles and mechanisms for the inspection of vehicles in terms of pollutants emissions and fuel consumption,
- type-approval tests and the inspection of the production conformity of vehicles and equipment in accordance with the regulations in terms of pollutants emissions and fuel consumption, in particular with the UN-ECE Regulations.
- recording pollutants emission from the road transport in the micro and macro scale.